Saturday, April 08, 2006

Cut Road Walking Pictures part 2

Continuing on my walk around Cut Road


















Another moongate, I like the way the setting sun reflected off of the weeds on the lawn.

















Prickly pear cactus, these are located all over Bermuda. The small red fruit produced can be eaten, watch out for the sharp spines!











When the tide is low enough you can make out one of natures "bathtubs" This one is big enough to lay down in, though I would not do it. Might be something in there out to get me!


















Goats on the dairy farm













Feral chickens "on de hill" What with bird flu and every one being scared, I think the chickens will be on the run soon.










All of Bermudas fresh milk is produceed locally from 3 or 4 local dairy farms. First it was one cow that took intrest in me then the part of the heard decided to run at me, good job for the electric fence!















Fort St. Catherine and St. Catherines beach. Reportedly where Admiral Somers and the survivors from the wreck off the Sea Venture first set foot on Bermuda's shores.














British Army Garrison Yellow Fever grave yard, located just off Grenadier Lane. One interesting grave is that of a surgeon. He served in the Crimean War at the battles of Balaclava and Sebastapol only to succumb to yellow fever in "beautiful" Bermuda! Many lives were lost to yellow fever that ravaged the British military in Bermuda during the mid-19th century.
















And back to my starting point, outside the Dojo, I just love the cracks in the road. Looks like skin to me.



I enjoyed this walk, will probably do it a couple of times a week. No excuse really as I can do it during my daughters karate class.

Will find some new walking routes and perhaps take some more pictures.........