Wednesday, March 22, 2006

grey hair.............and hair cuts

I had a hair cut this evening, if I do a drive by and see that "Malcoms" only has a few seats hot I will go in and sit and wait my turn. Young kid about 14 in the chair. Black hair no grey. I thought to my self lucky guy! Hell i started going grey about his age. Next one was a 34 year old, he had very little hair on his head allready (and I do not mean bald) just a very close haircut. I thought to my self "whats to cut off"

"Take it off with a straight razor Malcom, like yours!" He wanted a baldy like the barbers............

Then it's my turn, I watch and feal the greys falling down my head on on my shoulders. As they land on the floor the hairs stand out in a stark contrast to the dark browns and blacks allready on the floor. Wow! Am I grey or what. Still got most of it on top of my head though.

Then it's over, I get up pay Malcome $15 bucks plus $3 for a tip. And as I am leaving a young boy gets up on the wooden board that all barbers have for the little ones. He had just come from soccer practise and as I looked at his hair about to be neatly trimmed I saw a hint of grey, not one or two hairs but many. Way to many as he was only SIX years old. Dam and I thought I went grey early.