Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Free at last

Well the Hickman Catheter thats been a part of my body for the last 5 weeks is out. I saw the Doc this AM and he gave me an all clear, now I have to try to get myself back in shape. Seems like I have no valve or heart damage! A little bit of "vegitation" left on the Mitral valve, but that is normal. So far no fevers and I have been off the penicillin for a week now.

I even went to work this morning. This afternoon I went to the hospital to have the catheter pulled out, and that is just how it happened. He grabbed the line and pulled. HARD!!!! No pain and just a little blood on the gauze, in 5 minutes I was in recovery to have some more blood drawn for the last set of blood cultures. Hopefully negative results all around. I feel better but still weak.

My apologies for not making the rounds and comenting but I just have not been upto it over the last few weeks. I have looked at em from time to time though.

Also thanks to all of you for helping my sister (Chattymoon) through her trials and tribulations. I too wish I was closer. Actualy I probably am (700 or so miles) just that its all water between us. If all goes well I will see her next month when I go up to Mass General

I can hardly wait for a shower without tubes and wires..................