Friday, March 17, 2006

Internet problems, again

Thought I had better make a quick post while my internet connection is working.
Sunday afternoon my connection draged down to below 56k dialup speeds then by the evening it was 10k.
I could not post or even get email. after 2 days of calling the isp and TELCO (BTC) i finally got some answers. Seems our end of the island (St. George's and St. Davids) had a ADSL roblem wereby lots of customers lost their connections. Seems like they got most of them up and running last night, but owing to a computer techies fault (MY OWN!!) I did not get on till tonight. The worst part of this whole ordeal is that the telephone company did not inform the public of their problems.
My hand is better but still a bit swollen, I finally went to the fracture clinic at the Hospital a few days ago and got a splint, seems like I still may have had a bout of shingles with a badly sprained or brusied wrist/thumb.
We have had a good day of weather here but the wet and windy is comeing back for the weekend. Seems like chattys posts and pics of Bermuda are keeping the winter gales around longer then useual.
Oh and a pod of humpback whales have been spotted on their annual migration, the Royal Gazette had a nice picture on the front page a few days ago. Damm things are big!