Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Enough already!!!

Okay last post on my latest illness (for now)
Basically I am home now for at least the next 3 weeks. The home nurse comes and changes the little bag of penicillin everyday. Cleans and dresses the spot where the catheter goes in. At the end of the month I will get the catheter pulled out and have a follow-up echocardiogram to see if I have any permanent heart damage. Then I should be back to work beginning of March.
Sorry to be detailed about some of the procedures but hey that’s what happened. I still find it hard to believe that I was walking around sick like that for over a month, and feeling as crappy as I was. Thanks again for all your well wishes. It helped a lot.

Picture shows the "pump" or "my new mate" This thing goes everywhere with me. 24/7 I wake up in the morning all tangled up in the line that "feeds" me the antibiotics. That on top of the CPAP hose twisted around my neck some times makes my wife think I am into S&M!

Can hardly wait untill the 23rd when I will be FREE!!!