Friday, February 03, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Well I made it to my 44th, normally I do not like parties but it seemed to me like I should have something. My wife’s granny had passed, I was getting over a serious illness and people were just too dammed depressed. I was talking to the wife’s uncle (grannies son) and found out his birthday was February 1st, mine was the 2nd. I put a loose plan together to have them over the house and maybe make some pizza (I make it from scratch and cook it on a pizza stone) His sister was in Bermuda for the funeral and I had not seen her since February last year.

They said they would bring a small cake and it looked like a plan. I called some people and friends and proceeded to do my thing. I use to be able to cook up to 10 pizzas for my "pizza parties" was not going to do that as I did not have the strength, but I got up yesterday morning posted on the bog, then I went out to the kitchen and started to cut up the veggies. I do not like a lot of moisture in the vegetables so I cut them early and try to dry the out as much as possible with paper towels. About lunch time I started to make my dough. Keep in mind I have not done this in over a year and a half and the recipe is in my head. I dump the ingredients in a big bowl and let memory take over.

Soon I have all the veggies cut and the dough kneaded and divided. I put the dough in sandwich bags then place in the fridge to slow it down a bit. I am ready. Except for the sauce. I use an Italian plain sauce as a base then I give it my own special treatment

By 5 pm thought no one was showing up. By 6 I thought I would not have enough pizza salad to go around. By the end of the night I had cooked 7 pizzas!!! (I managed to save 2 pieces for my lunch the next day) We had a goodtime; it was nice to have a lot of people and noise in the house. Granny Peggy loved my pizza and I am sorry I had not cooked her any in the last year and a half. So the birthday pizza party was for her as well.

Linda you missed some great pizza



Tossin the pie


















A Vegitarian Pizza (Damm it tasted good)