Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Godet & Young warehouse wrecked in $1m fire

















Godet & Young a well known East End Hardware store lost their warehouse to a early morning fire 2 days ago. The main store was open for business, as it was unaffected by the fire. But with all the backup stock and also storage space gone rebuilding the busness will be a challange.

















My mother used to work for the store back in the 40's when it was located in St. Georges. It moved to it's present location about 2 decades ago. (Thats her in the picture in the old hardware store))























As my nephew Ian (Coldonion) pointed out, when we were in the St. George's Volunteer Fire Brigade we performed a pre plan for this building, I am very sorry to see this on my way back home from my trip to my sister, and Boston.