Tuesday, November 29, 2005

So much for living in a wealthy country


This is another one of those things that gets me down. This pool was opened up over Twenty years ago. It was built for the physical and mentally handicap persons of Bermuda. It has been disused for years. Not on the governments high list of priorities I guess! Posted by Picasa

Follow up: Spoke to Willard Fox (Foxy) as he is known in Bermuda. He is a disabled person and is I believe in charge of the physical handicap association.

He confirmed my thoughts, and I believe this needs a follow up. Apparently the pool develouped problems in the foundation and the "experts" say it needs to come down. Well after ten years, and nothing being done I believe the time has come to "light a fire under someones ass"

Swimming or just being in a pool is a good form of therapy and Mr fox would like to see something happen.....soon!

But between the politics and the passing of the buck, it seems that nothing will happen anytime soon.

I promised Foxy that I would come up and see him after Chritmas in the hopes of getting the cogs and gears that make up the relevent government departments turning again.